Display surfaces in section view on drawing

Hi folks

I have saved some of my assemblies as parts with only exterior faces to keep the size and loading time down when I use them in bigger assys. I then brings these parts into for example a plant layout. Problem comes when I want to make section views in the drawing, no surfaces are visible. I found that I should be able to bring in surfaces by "insert model items/reference geometri/surfaces" but it doesn't seem to work. I tried a number of diffeent settings without luck. Anybody know of a way to do this....I can highlight the part in the tree and see it like that in the drawing view , but no more.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Insert>Model Items> select surfaces

items/reference

Reply to
CS

Sorry I thougth I had gotten to the end of your post.

Reply to
CS

Could you convert the edges. It is dirty but sometimes it is adequate. And be prepared some new guy in 2 years when SW has fixed it will be like "Man Krister didn't know what he was doing why would you ever convert lines." and you will have to respond "Well when I was young I hadd to walk to and from school in 2 feet of snow, up hill, both ways. Wearing my sisters shoes."

Corey

Reply to
CS

Nope...it's not possible to convert edges either.....gave up, returned the shoes to my sister and made new parts with exterior parts instaed...works great and files size is just about the same.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L