ISOMETRIC SECTION IN DRAWINGS

Is there a way to show an isometric section in a drawing view?

In 2004 I have saved some section views from the isometric view point. I wanted to insert them into a drawing but when I do the entire model is shown isometric with no section cut.

Is there or has there been away to show a view like this in a drawing?

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Unless something changed in 2004 that I didn't hear about or forgot, no. I think you've got two choices. You can make an iso view in your drawing, then section it. (I've never done this, but it seems like it should work OK.) Or you can make a configuration where you cut your part or assembly in the same manner, then place a view of it in your drawing.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

In the 3-D model create your section view cut, create a configuration, call it sectioned view. Suppress the section cut in the default configuration. In the drawing,right click on the view, select properties, then select the sectioned view configuration. It should apply only to the selected view. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

In 2004 I have saved some section views from the isometric view point. I wanted to insert them into a drawing but when I do the entire model is shown isometric with no section cut.

Is there or has there been away to show a view like this in a drawing?

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell