section view or something like that?

Hi Folks,

There's got to be better way of doing this. To create a view in a drawing I'm doing the following.

Here's my part:

I do a cut extrude like this:
And now I have this:
Now I save this as a config. and bring that view into a drawing:
Now I have nothing showing behind it. (see 1.jpg)

I don't need/want any other views in the drawing just that view, that's why I don't do a section view in the drawing.

Is there not a way to create a view on the part side and then bring that into the drawing???

I don't know if I'm making any sense but that's what I'm looking for. I saved view that I can just make a drawing of. (Or some other way)????

Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Marty SLC

Place the part on the sheet, add a center line for the section cut, project a section view.

Now go to the main view, right mouse click, and select hide, and at the pop up, select "do not hide dependent views", and you will have just the section view visible on the sheet. You can also right click the view on the tree and select hide.

You may need to click the down arrow at the bottom of the view right click menu to see the view hide option.

Reply to
greyhound

Marty

Try with a broken-out section. Draw a rectangle around Your part in the view and then hit the Broken-out section button. Set the depth and klick okay.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

That sure is the hard way. Look in help for Section View. There are a number of options. I take it you want to show the thickness of the base. A simple section view will do that. If you don't want to show the whole part you can hide the parent view.

TOP

Reply to
manager

you can have a parent view on a drawing, but simply move it off the area of your drawing sheet. same result as hiding the parent view, but when you later open the drawing, you can see what is there.

bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Hiding helps speed up drawings. In fact on complex drawings of large assy. or complex parts hiding all but that which is the subject of current effort can greatly reduce the time needed to complete the drawing albeit at the last when everything is unhid to print things get slow.

TOP

Reply to
manager