Balloon with Asterick - Sub-Assembly

So I've got a drawing view showing an exploded view. In that exploded view is a sub-assembly of a drawer slide. The configuration shown is not the 'Default' config and there is still an asterick showing up in the balloon for this item. Yes, I have SP1.1 installed.

I thought that problem was supposed to be fixed in SP1.1?

Can anybody else confirm that this is still broken?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Is the instance set to show in the BOM. In 2004 if a balloon is attached to an instance that is set to not show in the BOM it shows an asterisk instead of a number.

Corey

Reply to
CS

The box that says 'Exclude from bill of materials' is not checked. And it does show up in the BOM. In a different view, the 'Default' config is used. If I balloon that, it shows the item number and not the asterick. Looks like this problem wasn't fixed in SP1.1 like they said. Maybe it is in SP2.0.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

It is not a bug so much as it is the setting of the sub assembly. You have to make it not flexible. Once you do that thet * will go away.

Reply to
Arthur

do you have that view set to specifically reference that BOM?

Reply to
CS

Actually, it's not flexible and never was. It has always been set to 'Solve as Rigid'. I think the problems is that it's not the 'Default' config. It's a named config called 'EXTENDED FIXED'.

I remeber some other people talking about this problem being also with any config in the sub-assembly that is other than 'Default' config. Not just the config's set to 'Solve as Flexible'. I guess SW's still needs to fix this.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Yes, it is set that way.

Reply to
Richard Charney

I had this same problem the other day. I had a drawing that had views of different config's of one assembly. My bill only had one qty. collum for the default view and config. Evertime I tried to balloon a part in the view with the secondary config I kept getting the asterick in the balloon. It finally came to me that I needed to check both configs in the bill feature tree and add the second qty collum for solidworks to see the items and qty's for the balloons in the secondary config view.

Reply to
jskaltec