Sub-Assy shown in Exploded view mode

How can I creat an assembly with sub-assemblies shown in exploded view? thanks for your help.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

in short, can't be done easily (that i know of).

in sub-assy;

create a second configuration.

in this new configuration, suppress appropriate mates so that desired components can move.

add mates to components to depict exploded view (yeah i know, what a pita).

in primary assembly;

create a derived config from the default.

set sub-assy (rmb, properties) to use second config from above.

create exploded view of derived config.

hopefully someone has a better method.

hth

Reply to
kenneth b

If you want to use the exploded state of a sub assembly you have to manually explode it again from within the assembly. It is a tree hugging PITA.

I don't know if 2005 has any added capability regarding this.

Corey

Reply to
CS

thanks, so used to not using that capability that i forgot about it.

it case it's not clear to everyone; in an assy, a sub-assy can exploded by selecting, "component part only" in the assembly exploder dialog box (gui).

hth kenneth

Reply to
kenneth b

In 2005 you can now "re-use Sub-assembly Explode"...

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

I am looking forward to that it will be great.

Corey

Reply to
CS