Oracle Programming so a Drawing will Open using the Solidworks Viewer

Okay geniuses, we are trying to program through Oracle a way to open a drawing using the Solidworks Viewer.

We are able to fire off the Solidworks Viewer but the drawing does not open up. What is note worthy, is that the journal file generated is not , instead it is WINNTswxJRNL.BAK.

This journal file tells the tale that the SWViewer did start and that is all (ie. no open command was issued).

Here is the Oracle code so far. This is for users that do not have the Solidworks application on thier desktop, but do have the Viewer. This code works fine for opening drawings that are DWG format with a VoloViewer.

This first procedure checks if the viewer is open. If not, it then opens it...

PROCEDURE chk_solidworks IS convid PLS_INTEGER; appid PLS_INTEGER; BEGIN convid := DDE.Initiate('SWViewer', 'system'); DDE.Terminate(convid); EXCEPTION when others then appid := DDE.App_Begin('c:\program files\solidworksviewer\swviewer.exe',DDE.APP_MODE_MAXIMIZED); END;

This second procedure opens the drawing...

Declare convid PLS_INTEGER; path Varchar2(150); Begin path := :dm_profile.doc_path; convid := DDE.Initiate('SWViewer', 'system'); DDE.Execute(convid,'[open("'||path||'")]',10000); DDE.Terminate(convid); End;

Reply to
waligora

I can't help you with Oracle but you could create a batch and run that

if you put something similar to this in a batch it will open a file using swviewer you may have to check for the installation directory on the machine though

D: cd Program Files\SOLIDWORKSVIEWER SWVIEWER.exe "c:\410001.SLDDRW"

pause

Corey

Reply to
CS

Thanks,

We just became successful.

seems we had to place the path right into the command string that fired off the application.

Ron

Reply to
waligora