can not select part in exploded view

in an assy drawing i have an exploded view. one part in this view can not be selected (attach balloon).

however, if i open the assembly and activate the exploded view(explview1), i can then select this part in the drawing.

anyone ever see this?

-- kb

Reply to
kenneth b

Yup. I don't recall how I resolved it though. Maybe the same way, but I think I closed everything and started back up and all was well. Could it have to do with light weight or something.

Corey

Reply to
CS

it seems to have something to do with the part being a multibody. this is not a consistant anomaly, because i have other similiar multibodies (machined part with dowel pins) in the same assy. still working on it.

Reply to
kenneth b

the plot thickens, auto-balloon detects an edge (which cannot be selected) and attaches a balloon. something definitely askew.

Reply to
kenneth b

I don't believe the part that I had problems with was multi-body. It was a tire, so it did have some complicated contours for an isometric view. but there were 2 instances and if memory serves me the second instance had no problems.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I had the same problem. I used the following workaround. You collapse the assembly in the view in which it supposed to be exploded. Attach the balloons in the collapsed state. Switch the view state to be exploded again, and the balloons stay stuck to the parts.

Regards Attila Bertok

Reply to
Attila Bertok