Can I do an exploded view in a weldment part?

Can I do an exploded view in a weldment part?

Ben

Reply to
BEN EADIE

Ben,

You can create a new part configuration (top level or derived) and use the "Move/copy" feature to separate your "parts". Suppress the "Move/Copy" features in original configuration, and leave unsuppressed in the "exploded" version.

As an alternative, right click on the "cut list" folder, and choose "Save bodies" to individual parts. If you use the "assembly" option when saving the parts, SW will automatically create an assembly which can be exploded using standard techniques.

I've emailed an example to your company email address.

Hope this helps.

John

Reply to
John Picinich

No... you can create an assembly from the solid bodies(r click on the cut list folder and select save bodies, at the bottom of the dialog box is an option to create an assembly) and then do an explode of the assembly.

Reply to
Wry&Dry

Thanks Guys, Wry and Dry, I am familiar with the making of an assembly and all, but was hoping you could do it locally in the part. Just like John mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions, I will likely use them both.

Ben

Reply to
BEN EADIE