SW2003: rotating parts in exploded view?

how do I rotate a part in an exploded view?
Aaron
Reply to
Aaron
No response....again....
Do I assume you can't rotate a part in an exploded view. That's REALLY dumb. Sometimes you need to rotate parts in an assembly sequence.
Aaron
Aar> how do I rotate a part in an exploded view?
Reply to
Aaron
Aaron quipped:
AFAIK the explode view is purely a static representation of the assy. to show a part rotated, you'll need to add a config with that part shown rotated. explode views aren't really meant to show motion.
--nick e.
Reply to
Nick E.
you cannot rotate a part in a exploded view. do you rotate parts when not exploded?
wouldn't you want to have a record of each sequence? i would. so i create multiple configurations.
Reply to
kenneth b
No, SWX cannot rotate components in exploded views...neither can ProE come to think of it. You can only translate components.
If you REALY need this, you may be to use a configuration...
Otherwise, try an enhancement request.
Reply to
Arlin
I'm not showing motion. Exploded view are meant to show how to assemble parts, by means of moving(translating) parts AND rotating...
*sigh*
Aaron
Nick E. wrote:
Reply to
Aaron
In this instance and MANY others I need to rotate the part to assemble. When assembled it's in it's assembled position that may be rotated from the how it is when put together.
I do not need a record of each step. Just one exploded view.
Yes i agree, i can do this with a configuration. But that's a pain, especially since it's down in levels in a suba assembly.
Aaron
kenneth b wrote:
Reply to
Aaron
Well, Mechanical Desktop and Inventor can rotate components in exploded views. I guess I just figured that it would be a standard operation. In fact, I'm shocked that it isn't.
Aaron

Reply to
Aaron
How do you denote that it is rotated out of position?
Corey
Reply to
Corey Scheich