Exploded view question

I've only done some simple exploded assembly views previously, and now that I'm trying one on a bigger assembly it's raised a couple of queries.

1). If I select a load of components, can I move them in (say) X and Y in one step, or does this have to be 2 steps? I'm aware that I could align the triad with an angled edge if one were available, but that doesn't really give me the flexibility I'm looking for.

2). Assuming the answer to '1' is that 2 steps are required, can I reuse the component selections from step '1' for the next explode? Surely I don't have to reselect them, do I?

3). If I inadvertently click on a drag handle instead of a component, how do I change the direction if it's not what I want? If I clear the direction in the "explode direction" settings box, the triad disappears completely. How do I bring the triad back?

TIA John H

2007sp5.1
Reply to
John H

NO

YES

TOP

Reply to
TOP

TOP, Thanks......for nothing! :-)

Mostly I like the exploded view functionality, but c'mon developers, surely that's an obvious requirement!

John H

NO

YES

TOP

Reply to
John H

Add to that: sometimes it would be nice to rotate components in an explosion.

Reply to
That70sTick