"Save tessellation with part document"?

This option is greyed out in my assembly under tools/options/document
properties/image quality. It would be a real pain if I had to open up every
part in my assembly and control this option with each individual part. How
do I get this option to not be greyed out in my assembly so I can control
the tesselation of the entire assembly from the assembly. 2004 SP3.
Thanks..........
Reply to
Jerry
Good question. Maybe someone can make a quick macro to do this? I would be very interested in a copy!
Mike Wilson
Reply to
Mike J. Wilson
Hi Jerry,
Even if you open every part document in your assembly and save it without part tessellation, it will make no difference on the parent assembly. All tessellation data for an assembly is stored in the assembly itself (which is why you can open an assembly in eDrawings, SW Viewer, SW View-Only, etc.) without its constituent components being present.
-Insideinfo.
Reply to
InsideInfo
So there is no way to adjust the tesselation in an assembly in 2004? I could do it in previous versions. The slider bar in my option menu to adjust the tesselation in my assembly is frozen and it will not move at all from its current location which is almost all of the way to the low side. I have an assembly with an idler in it and it looks like a hexagonal shaft and not a smooth cylinder................
Reply to
Jerry
Jerry:
There is a way, just like it used to be -- but there seems to be a little bug.
When you first open the dialog you can move the slider provided the "Apply to referenced part docs" option is checked. But if you UNcheck, then REcheck the box, the slider won't move. BUG!
So just exit the dialog then go back, and as long as it's checked you can move the slider.
todd
Reply to
Todd
Jerry,
Check the "apply to all referenced part documents" box under the slider.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
This setting only effects part files. so it's arguable it shouldn't be shown in the assembly. similar to how in the same location at the part level "apply to all referenced part documents" is grayed out. A macro could be cool.
Respect
Reply to
cadishaq
Let me expand just a bit here and sort of explain what I had in mind...
As it stands, any part created in 2003 and older has this option 'enabled' by default when saved as 2004. This means you have to open each part disable it and re-save.
Pro: Disabling it saves disk space as well as 'save-document' time.
Con: It's a pain to have to disable the setting for every part. Also, one may want this setting enabled when done with the project or for other various reasons.
I'm picturing a macro that will traverse each part and disable the setting. I don't know if this will involve having to open each part first, then saving when done or what.
Also, there appears to be a bug somewhere in that the setting re-enables itself every once in a while.
My guess is that this could be a very useful time-saving, disk-space-saving, utility!
Mike Wilson
Reply to
Mike J. Wilson
Thanks Todd! That worked great. I knew there had to be some way to get the slider to work. What a pain in the butt though.............thanks again.
Reply to
Jerry