Rotating assembly

When I rotate an assembly the parts are sometimes shown without detail, just a box. Other times this is not the case. Where it the turnoff for this. I forget.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube

Under the performance tab in the options dialog box - there is a slider that controls "Level of Detail"

That should do it, but if it is like anything else in solidworks, it won't work.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

It's probably in large assembly mode when they go blocky. Try setting your threshold higher in Tools/Options/System Options/Assemblies, or just turn Large assembly mode off. Once you change those values, you will have to go in to Tools and turn off Large Assembly Mode before you can go back and edit Tools/Options/System Options/Performance/Level of detail and Tools/Options/Document Properties/Image Quality/Shaded and draft quality HLR/HLV resolution and Wireframe and high quality HLR/HLV resolution.

Jerry Steiger