Tessellation

This problem has been annoying me for the last year so I hope someone has a few ideas on it...

In order to get rid of tessellation in models you go to.. Tools>Options>Performance>Image Quality and put the top slider to a maximum, check 'optimize edge length'. Often when I do this I still have tessellation in the model (doesn't matter what size the curve is that I'm looking at).

I need to get rid of this as I'm doing a close up render which should show a nice curve.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks.

Reply to
will

is this just a lone part, or a part in an assembly? I wish I had more to add, but I haven't had problems in parts, just parts in large assemblies (and we can get into that if its the case - there are some neat workarounds)

If it IS just a super-duper-close-up of a part that is causing you problems, here's a notion off the top of my head that I would at least try if I were in your position: I suspect that tessalation is based on the model size. If it is a super-super closeup that you desire, I would test cutting away the rest of the model that won't be in frame. My hypothesis is that smaller model=smaller tesselation. I don't know if it will work, but I know that's the first thing I would test.

Let us know how you fare, Ed

Reply to
ed1701

Ed

Yep, large models with small features are a problem. They use a global setting based on the size of the part. What they should do is have a check box for using an adaptive tesselation. Like an adaptive mesh for FEA or STL. The local chord length is based on feature size.

Mark

Reply to
MM

Maybe you like to support my enhancement request at

------------------------------------

-Graphics/Quality

-Dynamically increase tesselation while zooming in

-Parts and Assembly with many radii, freeform Design Parts and round shapes often tend to provide a poor display quality when zooming in closely, as the tesselation-threshold is set to a fixed maximum value (which is determined by SolidWorks) in the document properties. This makes it often difficult to evaluate modelquality and desired results.It would be a great thing if solidworks would dynamically increase tesselation in the areas visible inside the graphics window when zooming in and decrease the tesselation again when zooming out - this would ensure that rounded edges always appear smooth instead of the polygon-look that you=B4ll get now.

-ProE

-Many Times a Day

-More than an hour

Kind Regards, Ralf