Slow to move drawing views

As I try to move drawing views around on the sheet, the move verrrrrry slooowwww. I'm running an Athlon 2600 on a FIC AT31 mobo with built in Radeon 32 MB video. Does anyone know of a way to speed up this problem? Or do I have to beg for a new computer?

Reply to
Sofakingwetoddid

"Sofakingwetoddid" wrote in news:bplkhl$jna$ snipped-for-privacy@madmax.keyway.net:

You might try getting a CAD graphics card. Check the SW site on graphics cards, Radeons make decent paper weights.

...and there are a bunch of settings in tools options that affect performance such as

-show contents while dragging

-smooth dynamic motion of drawing view

-draft or high quality

-optimize edge length

-image quality

I have a pdf that points out settings that have an effect on speed or file size:

go to Rules of Thumb, then Tools Options doc.

matt

Reply to
matt

Thanks, Matt.

Reply to
Sofakingwetoddid

Reply to
Sofakingwetoddid

Also, there have been complaints about this being abnormally slow in 2004 SP1.0. Does that describe your situation?

I'd still recommend a workstation graphics card though. I would consider a

43MB Radeon as barely useful for doing the turorial, mainly because of the multiple windows limitation, but also because of driver issues.
Reply to
Dale Dunn

So-Faking-Wet-odd-ID Sofa-King-We-Todd-ID So-Faking-Wet-OD-Did Did-do-Wet-King-Sofa So fadid we k....... Soaking we toddid Soaking wet Todd ID F?

I give up ;^)

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Yes, I had seen these complaints too. I really noticed it just now as I was finishing up a large mold. After a few minutes everything just slows down to a crawl.

AMD 2100 ; nVidia xgl 750 ; 1 gig ddr ram.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

I reported it and as you probably already guessed they came back with it is your video card. My reply....Hmmm it works fine with 2003 and oh yeah by the way I am using a certified SW driver. I now have a SPR which is supposed to make it into the next SP.

Reply to
SWuser