How to copy the entire drawing sheet?

Does anyone know how to copy the entire dimensioned sheet, because using the same part with diff. configuration.

Thanks.

Reply to
jasamto

Brian Putnam

I am running into something similar...

I have a working part and drawing, that the client now wants a simple length variation, it is on a weldment part.

I want to save the old working part with a more generic name, and have the configurations be specific, and yet keep the same dimensions of the original drawing. Now the drawing will consist of 2 pages... one with the first configuration, the second with the other... but should be identical to the original... just 2 sheets with a length change.

Typically I would just make a new part, and do it from the beginning... but time and a little complexity of the part makes me want an easy way out! Never tried to do this with a drawing in this way or substitute a part in a drawing - kind of like "replace component" in an assembly.

Hope my explanation made sense,

Aron

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

Use the Save As... command to save the drawing with a different name. Use the Open... command, select that new drawing (don't open it yet). Then, select the Options button. The next window will allow you to change the referenced part file(s). Check mark the file, and double click it. This will allow you to search for the new part file you want the drawing to reference. Then accept, and OK and open.

If the new part was based on the previous part, it should insert with zero to few dangling dims into the new drawing.

As for c> I am running into something similar...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
fcsuper

A great way to copy views from one sheet to another in the same drawings is through the feature tree. First, create the sheet for the new configuration. Then, go back to the source sheet with the drawing views you want to copy In the feature tree, select the views you are copying, hold the CTRL key, and drag them to the new sheet in the feature tree

This puts the new views in the same position on the new sheet. I don't know if that matters for you application or not, but I have found it very helpful.

Reply to
esobota

Great tip!

Reply to