Custom properties being deleted when doc copied across network?

Has anyone else seen custom properties being deleted from a sw document when the document was copied across a network? I have some
files on my hard drive with some custom properties, another user copied those files to his hard drive and the next day we noticed that for at least on document (a drawing) that one of the custom properties had been deleted, not just the custom property value but the entire custom property had been deleted.
Thanks, Sam
Can't say that I've seen that here. What SW version? Does it happen every time?
WT

SolidWorks 2006 sp4.1, Windows XP sp2.0. And we have only confirmed this happening this one time becaue we have never looked for this problem before.
Sam
What was the file - drawing, part, assy? Was the property a Custom property or a Config specific property? What was the name of the property? Can you duplicate this with the same file/same machines/other file/etc?
WT

Not that your VAR would be helpful, but I would at least try to contact them about this. It may be an known bug. Of course, they will likely tell you to upgrade to 2007, at which point you get to yell at them for SolidWork's ridiculous business model. hehe
Were any macros used prior to the copying of the file, or in the act of copying the file? If so, look over the code for anything that deletes custom properties. Most custom property editors delete properties as part of the process to change their value. There may be a missed line that doesn't properly edit the custom property.
Just as a general comment, however, disappearing properties as a bug of copying the file isn't very likely.
Matt http://sw.fcsuper.com
wrote:

message
Sam wrote:

Sam, I have never encountered a custom or configuration specific file property disappearing. Ever! Are you saying the file property itself disappeared? or the "value" disappeared? If it was the later (the value) and you are working over a network, is it possible that someone overwrote the file and that the latest file did not have the value filled in? This is all I can think of, like I said, I have never seen this nor have I ever read about a problem like it. HTH, Eddie