Spacepilot and locked drawing views

HI,
I like to fix some views in a drawing to stop them drifting about
unexpectedly. The trouble is that the 'locked view' function is
overridden by my Spacepilot. That is to say that when zooming about
with the pilot to add dimenions etc I suddenly find that the view is
being dragged around the drawing sheet. Is there a way of stopping
that? Does anyone else experience this?
Flynt
I have the same behaviour here with my old spacemouse....and its' been there since I got it. Found no way to stop it so far.
// Krister
Reply to
Krister_L
On my SpacePilot turning off the Sub-part movement stops that. Maybe would on yours also?
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
No it doesn't, the space mouse has a setting for "toggle sub-part movement" and it doesn't matter if it's on or off, views are moving anyhow.
// Krister
Reply to
Krister_L
No it doesn't, the space mouse has a setting for "toggle sub-part movement" and it doesn't matter if it's on or off, views are moving anyhow.
// Krister
Is there maybe a later driver available?
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
If you have the view selected (highlighted) and move the spaceball, the view will move. Deselect the view before zomming. R. Wink
Reply to
R Wink
I found it was very annoying as I never use the spaceball to move views on a drawing. Occasionally I'd forget to deselect the view and it started moving around instead of the dwg, as well as undo/Ctrl Z does not return the view to where it was like it does when you drag a view with the mouse. Anyway, the Spaceball driver I use has a toggle switch under Drawing Views called "Move on Select", that when unchecked, all the spaceball will do on a drawing is pan and zoom the drawing and leave views alone. I use a old driver since I'm rather attached to my Spaceball 3003C :)
3DxWare Version: 3.6.4 SWx Addin Version: 2.4.2.0
IYM
Reply to
<IYM>
On my SpacePilot I can go to 3Dcontrol>Options tab and deselect the "Move on Select" option under the Drawing Views sub-pane. This disables movement of drawing views with the SpacePilot.
Reply to
takedown