notes attaching to views

Here's a newbie question from someone that's been around since SW99 -
Is there a key to hold while placing a symbol from a rev table that
keeps the note from attaching to whatever drawing view it passes over, so it is just on the sheet?
Sometimes you want it to attach, sometimes you don't.
Thanks for any help, Diego
Before you place your symbols right click on the sheet and choose "lock sheet focus". Double clicking on the sheet will also lock the sheet focus. When the sheet focused is locked any annotations or text you're adding to the drawing will be attached to the sheet. You can also lock the focus on drawing views for the same purpose. When the sheet or drawing view focus is locked you will see a magenta box outlining the drawing view or sheet border.
Diego wrote:

thanks! that's the neat thing about my onset of senility, everyday, something new
gracias, Diego
Rock Guy wrote:

I don't use revision tables, so I'm not sure about your specific point. However, in general, if you want to specify which view (or the sheet) to add new geometry/notes to, you need to RMB on the required view and select "lock focus". This makes the view border (or sheet border) turn pink to indicate which the active entitity is.
Hope this helps.
John H
I don't know of a key, nor do I even use the rev table, but any object that you want to place on the sheet can be done so by first locking the sheet focus. Double-click on the sheet somewhere and you will see the border change. Then when you place your whatever, it belongs to the sheet, not a view. To turn off the sheet focus, either double-click the sheet again, or double-click a view. I would presume that the rev symbol would follow the same rules.
WT