Drawing views unwanted sliding

2006 SP4.1 - XP Pro I am surprised no one posted about this one: It seems to me that (almost) every time I click in a view (for the first time in a given drawing), the view slides, and I have to undo the last action.

Anything I am doing wrong? Any setting I can change to stop this behaviour?

TIA JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

I can't say that I have seen this behavior, but the first thing that comes to mind is that you are actually dragging the view. Try to watch for that - see it that's it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Wayne Tiffany" a écrit dans le message de news: e9ohni$93m$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp.aioe.org...

You're right. But I do not think it is a "normal" behaviour to be able to drag the view by sliding inside the view without holding the "alt" key. And I see that from time to time.

Maybe some leftover of conversion from '04. I'll live with it

Thanks anyway JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

Try to watch to see if the times that you see it happen if you are actually dragging the model geometry. A feature was added (I think 2005) that allowed moving the views by dragging the geometry, so I suspect that you actually have done that. It's a feature that I wish I could turn off as I usually run into it when trying to move the leader of a weld symbol or something.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You do NOT have to hold the alt key to drag drawing views (although I find it easier). There are a couple of other ways that a view can be "dragged".

If you grab any geometry within the view such as edges, you can drag without the alt key. This has been like this for several releases.

If you hold the shift key while dragging a view, it will drag all of the related views (children) as well.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Try using "lock view position"...

Reply to