File Open Views Drop-Down List

On the File menu, I click Open. In the Select File dialog box in the Views
drop-down list, the view type always reverts to Preview in a new session of
AutoCAD, even after I changed the view type to Details or List.
Is there any method that anyone knows of that will force File Open to retain
the Details setting?
Ironically, the Autodesk Knowledge Base documents an issue where it is not
possible to retain the default setting as anything BUT Details! (Reference
.This is exactly how I would like our AutoCAD to be setup!
I am running AutoCAD 2000i on Windows XP Professional. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!
Randy Seys
MICO, Inc.
North Mankato, MN