How to change order of files displayed in file open window?

I am having a problem with the way the files are displayed in the open
file window. I am using ACAD R14, runing Win98SE. The problem I am
having is that it will only display the files by the newest file, I
want it to display in A-Z order, not by the date of the file. This is
only occuring in ACAD, it is not occurring in any of my other apps. I
thought it might be a parameter that got changed by the person that
was working on this machine before me, But I have not been able to
find any information on that though. Any help in this would be
appreciated.
Reply to
beefy
I've never used R 14 but I am assuming it uses the standard Windows file window. Open it and put your curser in a blank spot in the window. Right click and select "arrange icons by". Click "name" and it should alphabetize the filenames.
Reply to
CW
Yea that works, but I have to do that for every folder. I was hoping that there was some way I could make it default to that every time I wanted to open a new file.
Reply to
beefy
Windows Explorer. Highlight the drive letter. Click 'View'. Click 'Arrange icons'. Does that do it?
Reply to
B. W. Salt.
That would only work for that one time, but I finaly found something on AutoDesk's site about this, and seems to have fixed it. Here is the link to it if anyone else runs into this problem,
Thanks to all who helped.
Reply to
beefy