How to change order of files displayed in file open window?

I am having a problem with the way the files are displayed in the open file window. I am using ACAD R14, runing Win98SE. The problem I am
having is that it will only display the files by the newest file, I want it to display in A-Z order, not by the date of the file. This is only occuring in ACAD, it is not occurring in any of my other apps. I thought it might be a parameter that got changed by the person that was working on this machine before me, But I have not been able to find any information on that though. Any help in this would be appreciated.
I've never used R 14 but I am assuming it uses the standard Windows file window. Open it and put your curser in a blank spot in the window. Right click and select "arrange icons by". Click "name" and it should alphabetize the filenames.

Yea that works, but I have to do that for every folder. I was hoping that there was some way I could make it default to that every time I wanted to open a new file.

(beefy) wrote:

Windows Explorer. Highlight the drive letter. Click 'View'. Click 'Arrange icons'. Does that do it?
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:05 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (B. W. Salt.) wrote:

That would only work for that one time, but I finaly found something on AutoDesk's site about this, and seems to have fixed it. Here is the link to it if anyone else runs into this problem, http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID 3112&id(92796&linkID$75323
Thanks to all who helped.