How to change order of files displayed in file open window?

I am having a problem with the way the files are displayed in the open file window. I am using ACAD R14, runing Win98SE. The problem I am having is that it will only display the files by the newest file, I want it to display in A-Z order, not by the date of the file. This is only occuring in ACAD, it is not occurring in any of my other apps. I thought it might be a parameter that got changed by the person that was working on this machine before me, But I have not been able to find any information on that though. Any help in this would be appreciated.

Reply to
beefy

I've never used R 14 but I am assuming it uses the standard Windows file window. Open it and put your curser in a blank spot in the window. Right click and select "arrange icons by". Click "name" and it should alphabetize the filenames.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
beefy

Windows Explorer. Highlight the drive letter. Click 'View'. Click 'Arrange icons'. Does that do it?

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

That would only work for that one time, but I finaly found something on AutoDesk's site about this, and seems to have fixed it. Here is the link to it if anyone else runs into this problem,

Thanks to all who helped.

Reply to
beefy