VIEWING TIFF FILES IN ACAD LT 2004

Hi.

We have been having trouble with .tiff files not showing up in drawings = when opened with ACAD LT 2004.

The CAD drawings in question were created in ACAD2002 and they contain = inserted .tiff files with a resolution of 150ppi with LZW compression.

I don't have a copy of ACAD LT myself and I cannot seem to find what I = need on the web.

Does anyone know what kinds of .tiff file compressions are supported by = ACAD LT?

Also, what type of bitmap file is best to use to make my drawings = compatable with LT?... .tiff? .jpg? .bmp? .gif?

Garth.

Reply to
G. Willis

I've never paid much attention to .tiff files, as longs they show up on my screen I'm happy.

I copy and pasted this from the ACAD LT 2004 help menu.... I don't know if it's what you want or if it answers your question in anyway.... (but I hope it does....)

Raster Formats The following raster file formats are supported using the Raster HDI driver:

a.. CALS MIL-R-28002A Type 1 (CCITT G4 2D Compression) a.. CALS Type 1 (CCITT G4 2D Compression) b.. Independent JPEG Group JFIF (JPEG Compression) c.. MS-Windows BMP (Uncompressed DIB) d.. Portable Network Graphics PNG (LZH Compression) e.. TIFF Version 6 (CCITT G4 2D Compression) f.. TIFF Version 6 (Uncompressed) g.. TrueVision TGA Version 2 (Uncompressed) h.. ZSoft PC Paintbrush PCX (ZSOFT PACKBITS Compression)

HTH

lilmissgiggles

We have been having trouble with .tiff files not showing up in drawings when opened with ACAD LT 2004.

The CAD drawings in question were created in ACAD2002 and they contain inserted .tiff files with a resolution of 150ppi with LZW compression.

I don't have a copy of ACAD LT myself and I cannot seem to find what I need on the web.

Does anyone know what kinds of .tiff file compressions are supported by ACAD LT?

Also, what type of bitmap file is best to use to make my drawings compatable with LT?... .tiff? .jpg? .bmp? .gif?

Garth.

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

Thanks! That helps a lot. =20

Garth.

Reply to
G. Willis

You might want to look at WiseImage from Consistent Software. This raster editor/converter works in AutoCAD LT also.

In New Zealand there is a really good upgrade campaign on presently, this may also be on offer in other countries

check out

or

kevin breedveld