Will Acad 2000 run on Windows XP ?

I recently updated from Windows 98 to Windows XP Pro, but when I went to install Autocad 2000 it said that it was an incompatible operating system...... is there an easy way to get Autocad 2000 to run in Windows XP?

Reply to
don

Run the AutoCAD setup program using compatibility mode. Right click on the setup.exe file on the CD, pick properties, go to the compatibility tab and click on the check box and pick "Windows 2000". It should then install - at least it did for me.

-- Al

Reply to
Al

I find that AutoCAD runs much better (faster and more stable) in XP. You'll be glad that you didn't go back to Win98.

If you're new to XP there is a ton of System related things you need to know. Lots of sites out there, but a good place to start is this one

Al

Yes. Look in Windows help for compatibility mode. It can emulate previous versions.

Reply to
CW

Hello,

I think you need new version of AutoCAD 2000 CD for XP system. Old Version of AutoCAD 2000 could not run in XP system.

Wafeg>> I recently updated from Windows 98 to Windows XP Pro, but when I

Reply to
Wafegine

My copy of AutoCAD 2000i, purchased in May 2000, works perfectly with Windows XP.

Reply to
Michael Simmons-Smith

AtuoCAD will run, it's the set-up program that won't. I had the same problem. Just right click on the set-up program (I have forgotten the exact name, it's the set-up or install program thay you are trying to run to install AutoCAD) and select "properties" from the menu. Go to the "Compatability" tab and click "Run this program in compatability mode for:" and pick "windows 98" from the list.

Hope this helps. Ronny

Reply to
Ronny H