AutoCAD 2000 on WinXP Home Edition ?

I gave my AutoCAD 2000 to a young woman just starting out and unbeknownst to me, it will not run on her system under WinXP Home Edition. (I used it on a system running Win2000 Pro.)

Is there any way for her to get it to install on her system ? Thanks in advance for any tips that you may have to offer.

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

Tell her to call her Autodesk reseller for support.

Reply to
R.K. McSwain

And they will tell her she is out of luck unless she buys the latest version. The way to do it is run it in compatibility mode. Set it for Win

  1. You should f> > I gave my AutoCAD 2000 to a young woman just starting out and
Reply to
CW

Exactly. Maybe she can then get a copy of IntelliCAD or TurboCAD or something instead of pirating a copy of AutoCAD.

Reply to
R.K. McSwain

Sure, according to CW. But not according to Autodesk. Hmmm, lets see Autodesk v. CW.... wonder who would win that...?

No, but they have $$$ to influence those who do.

Autodesk is not a god. Guidence for what?

Reply to
R.K. McSwain

So, you believe the law doesn't matter. Whoever can afford the most thugs wins, right? Take a look at copyright law. That's the only LEGAL protection they have. Yes, they have enough money to intimidate people into doing as they want. I suppose you are all for armed robbery, bribery and protection rackets too. What a guy. Well McSwine, I don't know how you got out of the bozo bin but it's time for you to go back.

Reply to
CW

FYI

I know version 11c2 (windows extension) will run under Windows XP Pro edition using compatibility mode.

Reply to
Dave Johnson

Isn't that the American way? O.J., Michael Jackson and many others would agree.

I never said I agree with Autodesk policies, I just don't understand why those who don't continue to buy their products. Why agree to the EULA, then violate it.

If you can't get the name right, then don't waste your time.

Reply to
R.K. McSwain

Thanks CW.

I'm afraid I would be talking out of my hat if I told her "Run it in compatibility mode" because I have no idea what that means and I'm pretty sure that she won't either.

(ie Run XP Home Edition or AutoCAD 2000 in compatibility mode ? )

What I did suggest to her was that she might create a new partition and install either Win 2000 Pro or Win98 SE on it.

I also suggested that she sweet talk the office geek into going home with her and helping her get it all accomplished. She wasn't too keen on the latter.

CW wrote:

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

The way to do it is run it in compatibility mode. Set it for Wi

[quote:9b6b7a8469][/quote:9b6b7a8469][/quote:9b6b7a8469

CW is correct, I did the same with windows XP and AutoCAD 2000

Basically this is what to do, with CD in, click run, browse, highligh

the .exe install file, right click and now I kinda forget exactly bu look for run or install in a alternant compatability it lists a fe like 95, 98, NT pick win98 and proceed. thats all there is to it

good luc

Reply to
RMS

Reply to