AutoCAD on Mac

I'm about to do some AutoCAD teaching at a school that thinks it's going to have AutoCAD running on Mac Bootcamp. I know I know - I've
told them not to do it but they're determined.
I've seen stuff about licensing problems and middle mouse button issues. Just wondering if anyone here's got any experience of this kind of environment?
Add pictures here
✖

Autodesk hasn't supported the MAC OS in years. Probably since R14. I think R12 was the last version that supported MACS.
Add pictures here
✖
Straight from Autodesk:
Support for AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT® on Apple computers
Published date: 2008-Oct-24 ID: TS1070248
Applies to: AutoCAD® 2009 AutoCAD® 2008 AutoCAD® 2007 AutoCAD LT® 2009 AutoCAD LT® 2008 AutoCAD LT® 2007
Issue
You want to know if AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT® are supported on Apple computers.
Solution
Autodesk does not produce a Mac-specific version of AutoCAD® or AutoCAD LT®. However, in limited testing, AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT versions 2007 and newer releases appeared to function correctly on a Windows operating system running on an Apple computer using BootCamp boot manager software. It is important to note that although limited testing did not reveal any problems, Autodesk does not support the use of either AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT on Apple computers.
If you are working as a contractor to the school I would document this and add that you cannot be responsible for problems in the class resulting from running AutoCAD on an unsupported system.
Daryl Stockton
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks guys,
I'm aware of Autodesk's position. I've spoken to them directly myself - although I missed that statement on their website. I was just wondering if there's anybody out there who's actually doing this.
From what I've read elsewhere, the problems actually seem to arise when using 'Parallels' instead of (or alongside?) 'Boot Camp'. I'll try to find out which environment the school's actually planning on using.
Your idea of getting something is a good one Daryl. I've already written to the Director advising him of my concerns. The task is really to get these kids thinking three-dimensionally, and to give them some kind of CAD literacy, so one way or another I guess I can get them started in that direction.
Wish me luck ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks guys,
I'm aware of Autodesk's position. I've spoken to them directly myself - although I missed that statement on their website. I was just wondering if there's anybody out there who's actually doing this.
From what I've read elsewhere, the problems actually seem to arise when using 'Parallels' instead of (or alongside?) 'Boot Camp'. I'll try to find out which environment the school's actually planning on using.
Your idea of putting something in writing is a good one Daryl. I've already written to the Director advising him of my concerns. The task is really to get these kids thinking three-dimensionally, and to give them some kind of CAD literacy, so one way or another I guess I can get them started in that direction.
Wish me luck ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
call autodesk and ask them if there current programs are written to work on a mac OS.
last time I spoke with autodesk tech support, all programs are written for a windows OS.
Add pictures here
✖