Re: Which OS with ACAD 2002 ?

We have very few problems with Win 2000 and moderately current machines (p3

400 Mhz to p3 1Ghz and adequate, not over abundent Ram (528 Meg)

Tom

I've just been hired to maintain the CAD dept. IT functions. The guys are > currently using Windows 98 SE and are complaining about their computers > "always crashing" (resource problems, Illegal operations, lock-ups, etc.). > > (I realize these could be caused by hardware issues, I just would like to > know if one OS is preferred over another for use with AutoCAD 2002) > > I was just wondering if Win XP or 2000 would make their CAD machines less > prone to crashing. ??? BTW, they also use the Land Desktop... > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks, > > -Middleman > >
Reply to
Tom Cular

I've been using AutoCAD 2002 with Win98SE for a year now on a Sony VAIO Laptop with no problems ever with AutoCAD. I sometimes get other problems but mostly with an IE6 and Adobe PDF conflict caused most certainly by IE6. OK I do mostly

2D stuff which is not processor hungry. (PII, 255mhz 64MB SDRAM) in the VAIO.
Reply to
TheWizard

Anything except 95,98 or ME.

We have NT on all our older machines, XP on anything new.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit

I use AutoCAD 2000 with win98 and I never had a crash problem.

Have you tried to do a "clean" reinstall of everything, including the OS?

Reply to
Rui Maciel

Getting back to the original question of Win2000 vs. XP, most reports are that they are pretty close to equal in stability. I chose 2000 over XP for other reasons related to licensing and freedom from onerous MS restrictions.

Jerry Cipriano

Middleman wrote:

Reply to
Jerry C.