Installing Autocad 2000 on a Windows XP machine.

I know that I am a little out of date with my preference of Autocad 2000, but it simply happens to be my version of choice. I was able to install it on a 1 GB machine a couple of years ago, but I am unable to install it on my 1.8 AMD machine now. I get an error message, "Wrong OS, Autocad supports NT 4.0, 5.0, Win 95 and Win 98." Does anyone here know of a way around this? I have shown that it is possible, it would seem that someone of higher computer skills than I may have run across this and knows some sort of end-run. I am using Windows XP Professional. Thanking you all, in advance, G. De Angelis

Reply to
G. De Angelis

XP has a software compatibility mode that allows older software to run on XP machines.

JD

Reply to
uNkulunkulu

check this site

Reply to
Zydar B'tonsky

Open the CD and find the setup.exe. Right click it and got compatability mode there you can set the compatibility mode to windows

  1. Click OK and click the setup.exe to start the install. You shouldn't have to do anything more than that to have it run on an XP machine. Hope it works for you.
Reply to
Summer Civic