Wierd message (AMD Newbie)

Hello All,

On my new Athlon based computer, I just installed SW and SP2.1, then tried to install the SWX and got this message:

An AMD K6 processor has been detected on this computer.

A patch is available BLAH AMD BLAH BLAH Solidworks.

To get this patch, please go to:

Well the address didn't work, but I did find the patch. there are two one for 95, 98 etc., and one for NT, 2000. But XP isn't mentioned, so should I conclude that A) I don't need it, and stop worrying, or B) Download and install the NT/2000 patch?

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Ignore the message. It only pertains to K6 or older AMD CPUs. They've never updated the install program to identify the difference between the older CPUs and the newer Athlons.

Dave H

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

That message is the result of dain-bramaged programming. It only checks for the AMD CPU, and assumes you have a K6. If you're using any Athlon, ignore the message.

For the record, Athlon and AthlonXP are K7 chips, Athlon64, AthlonFX, and Opteron are K8.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks Dave & Dale,

Muggs