Some free VBA-stuff (revisited)

Originally Posted by Markku Lehtola. I wanted to find out if someone made a simple editor yet for the "swProp2" API that is on the site below.

ORIGINAL THREAD:

From: Markku Lehtola (markku@markkulehtola_NOSPAM.net) Subject: Some free VBA-stuff View this article only Newsgroups: comp.cad.solidworks Date: 2003-11-21 01:28:19 PST

small collection of FREE stuff for SolidWorks:

SW Monkey

I use SWProp2 and find it very easy and intuitive to use.

To Change the layout/headings/pull down lists/etc. just click on edit swprop2.ini file button at the bottom of the FM and 'hey presto' it opens the ini file in notepad.

The Author has given some simple instructions and a bit of playing around will soon customise to suit your requirements.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Thanks for this Merry. ;o)

I just read this post as I was re-coding my ancient custom properties app. The similarities between this one and my old one are quite frightening - although swProp2 has a little more flexibility. I decided to abandon upgrading my tool and look at using this one. Everything looks good but....I can't get it to set the density in my model. Has anyone figured out how to do this? The standard .ini, and all of my efforts simply produce a Text property called 'Density', without updating the mass properties of the model.

Markus.

Reply to
Markus Wankus

Hi Markus,

The density that it puts in is only an indication (the correct string would be 'SW-Density@@ snipped-for-privacy@Part1.SLDPRT" but I don't know how to do this). I get arround this by starting each part with the appropriate part template which has all of this included.

It would be nice to be able to have both the density and the mass inserted correctly, esp. when you have to detail out other peoples models who don't use intelligent part templates. It would also be great to parametrically add dimensions into the size box (I have to do this through the standard Custom Properties dialogue box).

Vinodh Kumar is the author of this add-in, maybe he can shed some light?

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Thanks, Merry. I've emailed the author - we'll see what he says. My old one simply uses the mass properties API to set the density. How do you do it with templates? Do you have separate part templates for each material? That seems awkward at first glance, but I guess you probably only every use a few main types of materials... I guess I'm just used to automatically updating the mass properties when I select the material.

What do you mean by this? What are you referring to when you talk about the "size box"? Do you mean a "stock size" property, perhaps driven off the bounding rectangle of the part?

Markus.

Reply to
Markus Wankus