problem with MFC

Hello,

I have created a Solidworks addin with the SW Wizzard in Visual C++ 7. I would like to use MFC, so I included afxwin.h . When I try to compile the project, the compiler delivers the following message:

fatal error C1189: WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not include

What is wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Andreas

P.S.: this is my stdafx.h:

#pragma once

#ifndef STRICT #define STRICT #endif

// Modify the following defines if you have to target a platform prior to the ones specified below. // Refer to MSDN for the latest info on corresponding values for different platforms. #ifndef WINVER // Allow use of features specific to Windows 95 and Windows NT 4 or later. #define WINVER 0x0400 // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or later. #endif

#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // Allow use of features specific to Windows NT

4 or later. #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400 // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows 2000 or later. #endif

#ifndef _WIN32_WINDOWS // Allow use of features specific to Windows

98 or later. #define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410 // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows Me or later. #endif

#ifndef _WIN32_IE // Allow use of features specific to IE 4.0 or later. #define _WIN32_IE 0x0400 // Change this to the appropriate value to target IE 5.0 or later. #endif

#define _ATL_APARTMENT_THREADED #define _ATL_NO_AUTOMATIC_NAMESPACE

#define _ATL_CSTRING_EXPLICIT_CONSTRUCTORS // some CString constructors will be explicit

// turns off ATL's hiding of some common and often safely ignored warning messages #define _ATL_ALL_WARNINGS

#include #include #include #include #include #include

#include //

Reply to
Andreas

The #include indtrectly includes via . Try moving the #include before the atl stuff in your stdafx.h.

By the way, do you know that SW Corp won't be supporting MFC addins from the next version onwards? Also, if you use MFC with Visual C++ 7 you will have to distribute new versions of the MFC dlls with your application. If you want to use Visual C++ 7, why not make a COM addin? (That at least is not so tightly bound into SolidWorks, and also should be supported by SW Corp for some time to come.)

Reply to
Paul Delhanty

I see you have worked for D Cubed Paul, any insights as to why SW are not utilising their latest spline tools?

Reply to
neil

Sorry, I can't speak for SW or D-Cubed. Also, anything concrete that I might know that it is not already public I'm not at liberty to disclose.

In general terms, I would just say the obvious things. D-Cubed products are software components rather than end use products. They take significant amounts of work to integrate properly into end user products. It is one thing to produce a proof of concept integration that can demonstrate functionality; quite another to produce something that it is ready to ship. The animations on D-Cubed's website show their products integrated into their own test harnesses. The test harnesses supply the graphics and user interface; the actual product scopes are restricted to maths and geometry. As a result, it doesn't suprise me if there is a time lag between D-Cubed announcing a new software component, and it forming part of a shipping end user product.

Reply to
Paul Delhanty

appreciate non disclosure - thanks for your reply

Reply to
neil