Free software to talk to a SLC505-E ?

Does anyone know of a free program that I can use to change the value of a specific word or bit in a SLC505-E PLC? By "change" I mean I want
to fire up the program, specify some address and a value and hit <Enter>. I'd like to be able to read a specific address also.
I have a minor, seldom-to-be-used need for this that does not justify spending several thousand dollars for RSLogix (or some equivalent).
Any suggestions?
Martin wrote:

http://www.lns-saginaw.net/abel.php
PLC Professional Software ------------------------------ RSLogix/Emulate/RSTrainer++ For info CALL NOW: 416-626-7312 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com --------------------------------------------------