AutoCAD Map 5 (AutoCAD 2000) Dictionary Problem...

It seems I've done something to my dictionary in AutoCAD Map 5 (AutoCAD 2000) so that when I type "spell" into the command line, I get this error message:

"Unknown Dictionary: "DCT MAIN" Could Not Start Speller"

I asked a coworker if he was getting the same message, and he replied "no" so I know it's a problem with my computer, and not on the server side. I also know that the spell check works on my computer in AutoDESK Landdesk 3 so I also know it's limited to to AutoCAD Map 5. It worked previously, but I have no clue why it doesn't work now. In addition, I mainly use Map 5 instead of Land-Desk 3 so my preference would be to get the error fixed.

I've done a search for that "dictionary" but I couldn't find it or any file like it. I'm also not even getting the option to switch back to the default dictionary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Try this, at the command line type: dctmain enu . Does it work now?

Reply to
Chip Harper

Yes it does...thank you very much.

Dave