Tiff file generation

I just thought I'd share something that might not be well-known to everyone.

We use a document storage system to archive our drawings. (Only, no i-link or windchill, and we like it that way).

Our doc storage system archives drawings as .tif files (1-bit compressed) and we were using a utility that converted HP/GL print output to tiff. It started acting weird and the resolution was never great anyway. I came to recognize that Pro/E's Tiff built-in printer can do what we need, you just need to set the config.pro options for black/white color depth, 400dpi, and G4 compression. Plus the users were already in the habit of using a print function to push the copy to the document control system. Voila, problem solved and we're using a rock-solid basic function built into Pro/E.

Made my day anyway. :)

David

Reply to
David Geesaman

I just thought I'd share something that might not be well-known to everyone.

We use a document storage system to archive our drawings. (Only, no i-link or windchill, and we like it that way).

Our doc storage system archives drawings as .tif files (1-bit compressed) and we were using a utility that converted HP/GL print output to tiff. It started acting weird and the resolution was never great anyway. I came to recognize that Pro/E's Tiff built-in printer can do what we need, you just need to set the config.pro options for black/white color depth, 400dpi, and G4 compression. Plus the users were already in the habit of using a print function to push the copy to the document control system. Voila, problem solved and we're using a rock-solid basic function built into Pro/E.

Is any of this stuff covered in PCF file for the TIFF? How is it configured?

Dave

Reply to
Janes

The configuration is spread between the pcf file and the 3 options I listed above that are in config.pro. I have a pcf file that locks in all of the printing options for the user when they use this printer.

David

Reply to
David Geesaman