Tiff file generation

I just thought I'd share something that might not be well-known to everyone.
We use a document storage system to archive our drawings. (Only, no
i-link or windchill, and we like it that way).
Our doc storage system archives drawings as .tif files (1-bit compressed) and we were using a utility that converted HP/GL print output to tiff. It started acting weird and the resolution was never great anyway. I came to recognize that Pro/E's Tiff built-in printer can do what we need, you just need to set the config.pro options for black/white color depth, 400dpi, and G4 compression. Plus the users were already in the habit of using a print function to push the copy to the document control system. Voila, problem solved and we're using a rock-solid basic function built into Pro/E.
Made my day anyway. :)
David
<DIV>I just thought I'd share something that might not be well-known to everyone.<BR><BR>We use a document storage system to archive our drawings.&nbsp; (Only, no <BR>i-link or windchill, and we like it that way).<BR><BR>Our doc storage system archives drawings as .tif files (1-bit <BR>compressed) and we were using a utility that converted HP/GL print <BR>output to tiff.&nbsp; It started acting weird and the resolution was never <BR>great anyway.&nbsp; I came to recognize that Pro/E's Tiff built-in printer <BR>can do what we need, you just need to set the config.pro options for <BR>black/white color depth, 400dpi, and G4 compression.&nbsp; Plus the users <BR>were already in the habit of using a print function to push the copy to <BR>the document control system.&nbsp; Voila, problem solved and we're using a <BR>rock-solid basic function built into Pro/E.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Is any of this stuff covered in PCF file for the TIFF? How is it configured?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Dave</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Janes wrote:

The configuration is spread between the pcf file and the 3 options I listed above that are in config.pro. I have a pcf file that locks in all of the printing options for the user when they use this printer.
David