Printing to Tiff Images

Hi all

I am looking for a print driver to create tiffs direct from Acad Any recommendations? I have tried the PEERNET offering, but that looks expensive at almost 100USD per seat. Any other good offerings - UK preferred.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Free PDFCreator can be configured to output TIFF.

Govert

TheScullster schreef:

Reply to
Govert J. Knopper

"Govert J. Knopper" wrote

Thanks Govert

I have PrimoPDF already installed and cannot find a TIFF option. Can you tell me where this setting is found please? It maybe because I have an older version of this - have you downloaded this recently?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

AFAIK this output option is only available in PDFCreator

The other "PDF creators" like PrimoPDF, PDF995, aso do only what their name says.

You could also print to PDF (or PostScript) and use GhostScript with my GoBatchGS GUI frontend

to convert to TIFF. But that means two steps.

Govert

Reply to
Govert J. Knopper

"Govert J. Knopper" wrote

Thanks Govert

I have downloaded/installed the PDFCreator app, but need help getting over the final hurdle! The help doesn't explain how to set the output to TIFF. I've played with the options and saved TIFF settings, but every time I go to print, it outputs a pdf file.

Please can you explain how to get the output to TIFF and preferably make this the default?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Start PDFCreator program (menu) Printer -> Options

(left) Automatic Save; (right) Format for Automatic Save; also select output folder here (left) TIFF; (right) select resolution and TIFF flavor

Govert

Reply to
Govert J. Knopper

"Govert J. Knopper" wrote

Thanks for all your help Govert. Finally we have tiff files direct from Autocad!

One final-final question:

I am not clear on the options for filename output. By default it uses date-and-time.tif. Is it possible to have a tif file created with the same filename as the original document? I have seen this with other conversion utilities and it avoids the added step of renaming every file after coversion. I tried putting into the output file name field, but this just created a file named "-filename-.tif".

Maybe you have tried this yourself and found a solution?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Sure:

Same Automatic save page in the Options: clear the Filename box; in the dropdown box next to it select .

Just one minor flaw (probably a bug): it gives a left parenthesis and a number "(1" near the end of the name; for instance like in "1st floor architectural Architectural Plan (1.tif"

Govert

Reply to
Govert J. Knopper

"Govert wrote

Many many thanks Govert. I didn't understand the operation of the drop down box. All is now clear, but couldn't find my way round this using the help.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster