Need beginner help with plotting perspectives in MD6

Hi

I'm a beginner at Autocad, and I started with MD6. Maybe not so smart, but I'm doing alright..... sort of... and I've made enough progress to actually start almost liking the thing.......

I'm also new to this group, so please be patient if I ask a dumb question or something.

The problem I'm having is plotting (or printing) a perspective view of a 3d model I've built.

I have a model of an engine stand, and it's all holding together, except sometimes it still falls apart........funniest damn thing .....

I've been able to print out different views of the parts and have added a Scene for a couple of Layouts, one exploded and the other not. It all seems to work okay, except the perspective view is lost when the Scene is viewed (displayed) from the Drawing tab.

I'm extremely confused about how all the scenes and views and viewports are connected, and it's getting worse.

I have the Scene (under the Scene tab) set up with a nice perspective view. I have the View named. I switch to the Drawing tab, and create a Layout and add the Scene to it, but it doesn't come out in perspective. There are alot of choices when adding the Scene, .... UCS, World xx, View......... but I can't seem to find the right combination.

While still in Drawing mode, I can switch to Model from Paper (using the tab down close to the Snap and Track buttons and stuff) and then using Orbit / Projection, I can switch to Perspective view. That brings it into perspective, but when I then update the model using 'amupdate', it loses its scale. It becomes huge.... in the original little block.........??

Also, before the update, when it still looks okay, it seems to not be able to properly calculate the hidden lines, and some lines are partially missing. Also, the Orbit thing doesn't work that good, you can't see what you're doing because a big round orbit thingy blocks your view, so I think I must be doing something all wrong.........

There must be a method to print out a simple perspective view, and any help would be greatly appreciated.... even a hint or two.....

I realize that I should buy a book.... but I have tried to find info and have found help with Autocad to be very expensive in general, and I can't afford it right now....

Thanks if you can help.

David Otte

Reply to
David