User Error need help!

(A) Detail Views

I made a change to component part chamfer and then opened associated drawing to update the dangling dimensions. Update command does not correct the view.

What I found was the angle change did not propagate to the detail view though the change was reflected in the standard view. Also, now unable to select any lines, vertices etc. in the detail view.

After trying different approaches I stumbled on the following. If I click on the detail view border and uncheck "pin position" or "full outline" the detail view updates and entities are again selectable in the detail view.

(B) Excel column limitations when pasted into SolidWorks drawing.

SolidWorks will not accept excel copy and pastes with more than 20 columns. I vaguely remember someone discussing this or a similar topic some months back.

(C) Sections in SolidWorks drawing flip flops

Partial sections change to complete sections when zooming out and moving the section view. I have found by selecting the view border and un-checking partial section and then re-checking partial section corrects the view. This doesn't seem to be consistent though it happens more than once during a drawing session.

Update command does not correct the section views.

Or one section view displays correctly with "display only surface" and another section view in same drawing will change to a "complete section" view when checking the "display only surface" box.

Version: 2004/SP1

Video: Quadro4 750XGL

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Cannot say that I have experienced all of the problems that you documented:

A. Haven't seen this problem. The only problem that I have had is when I change the view of the parent view (e.g. from left to right view) dims and notes attached to the section/detail view will often go dangling and do not behave themselves properly again. Solution - delete section and re-create.

B. Excel No of columns. I am not sure of the limitation, but I know that sometimes you have to reduce the font size in the excel sheet (6 pts or less), then re-size columns and rows to fit. You will then find you can copy and paste a larger chunck of the excel sheet.

C. Cannot say that I have noticed this.

Not sure if this helps, but nobody else wanted to jump in.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

Merry,

B. I tried the font size suggestion with the following results. I double clicked on the embedded excel sheet and the missing columns appear. When I click in the drawing area the missing columns disappear. Strangely enough, I then changed the font size back to original size 8 point and the missing columns remained visible in the drawing.

This seems vaguely similar to the other display issues mentioned in my previous post with regards to sections etc.... Starting to smell like a video/driver problem. Curious, which video card and driver are you using? Seems like everytime I upgrade to the next SW version my video hardware and drivers become obsolete. Just when I get nice and cozy with one release the next one puts me back into spin mode.

Thanks for the input, Kman

documented:

Reply to
Kman

The reason I was able to see the missing column was because I moved the excel slider bar to show the missing column. However, now the column on far left is not visible. Still looks like a limitation on how many columns can be displayed.

Kman

un-checking

Reply to
Kman

I am using a laptop with an ATI Radeon 9000M graphics card - nothing flash.

Merry :-)

un-checking

Reply to
Merry Owen

That's encouraging news! grin I'm using Dell desktop and Quadro 750XGL I upgraded yesterday from the SolidWorks approved driver Nvidia 43.51 to

52.14 to see if this makes a difference.

Question for anyone else out there with Quadro 750XGL: Are there any particular settings that make a difference in performance and/or stability? Couple of setting examples: "buffer flipping mode" (default: auto select) or "vertical sync" (on by default)

Kman

Reply to
Kman