HP ZD7000 with Solidworks?

I have been looking at a HP ZD7000 laptop to replace my dinosaur desktop. Does anyone have any experience running Solidworks on one? They do use Nvidia video on the ZD7000, none of that ATI junk.

Any comments would be helpful.

Regards, Dave.

Reply to
David Millar

Hello Dave,

I am just experimenting with a ZD 7058 I bought at Costco. It runs SWX 2004 okay, but slightly sluggish possibly. The battery runs down in less than an hour! The video card doesn't slow down with 20 open SWX windows(albeit very simple models). I learned of the Centrino technology used in the Dell 8600 and ordered one of those also. I will post the comparison results in a week or two.

Jerry Foricer

David Millar wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Forcier

Thanks Jerry,

Could you give me some specs on your ZD7058? Video, OS, ram, etc.. The Dell looks like a nice machine also, but I'm drawn to the integrated numeric keypad of the HP. Still, I would be interested in hearing your review of both machines.

Regards, Dave.

Reply to
David Millar