Quadro FX 1300 vs ATI FireGL V3100

Apologies in advance if this topic has been covered, I just can't seem to find any information about the ATI card. In looking at a Dell Precision 370, these are the cards in my budget. Does anyone have experience with either/both of these cards? We typically have 1,000 part or less assemblies, complex surfaces are rare, occasional animation, no rendering. The Nvidia is $340 more than the ATI which I don't mind paying if it is truly worth it. Comments?

Reply to
Brad Goldbeck

I can't answer your question directly, but search this newsgroup on FireGL - plenty of discussion there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hi there,

I am sitting with an ATI FireGL T2, and although it is not the high-end part you are asking about I have generally had good experiences with ATI cards. I believe it is often said in reviews that ATI offers more "bang for the buck" than nVidia, so I would go for the ATI. Actually, I am not in any way affiliated with ATI.

Regards Frederik Daniel Hjort

Reply to
Frederik Daniel Hjort