ATI FireGL card driver

We have had 4 machines with ATI FireGL X2 video cards since Feb 2004. As video drivers are updated through the years, the natural tendency is to
install them to hopefully prevent/reduce/avoid problems. In Aug 2005 one of our people updated their driver without my knowledge and I later figured out that was the cause of his software OGL setting being turned on inside SW. Roll back to the older driver and the checkbox is back to normal. I also verified that scenario on my machine at the time. Since then we have not updated the drivers because of the check box. Once in a while our IT people forget and when rebuilding the machine to give it to someone else, they install the latest driver certified on the SW site, only to find that checkbox checked again. Reload the old driver and the box is now unchecked.
Ok, now the problem. We are getting errors, such as lockups, crashes, etc that are reported in the bug report as the video driver being the culprit. Does anyone have a solution such that we can load the latest driver and still not have the software OGL turned on?
WT
You could try and see if there is a, "forceware" type of driver, as there are for NVIDIA cards. I know that the forceware driver for the NVIDIA FX Go 1400, was editable, so that the refresh rate could be changed.

Do you have a link to that driver? The Forceware drivers I've found won't install in my M70 with the FX Go 1400, saying that the card is not compatible.
Thsnks, Art
http://www.ngohq.com/news/8260-nvidia-forceware-96-94-x32.html
It is beta, but works fine in my Dell M70 FX Go 1400
says...

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic 734
Opps forgot the driver, lol
says...