Windows Firewall & crashing

I've been crashing SW2006 sp2.1 and 3.1 on a regular basis, doing the simplest of tasks, on a Xi Opteron148, 2Gb ram, Fx1100. Thought it might have been my video driver, updated to the latest, not much difference...then I thought to check Windows Firewall, which I had turned off last year sometime...well it was ON...grrr!

Now I suppose I need to do a complete wipe of SW frome my system? Or should I try a "Repair Installation" first?

One of many things I wish SW would do better is check first for any conflicting software running before installation, I turned off 3 other services that could hose the install, I just didn't think to check that WinFirewall was *still* turned off...

Thanks

Reply to
hayduke

Why do you think the firewall was causing you to crash?

Reply to
TOP

I can't think of any other reason why it should be crashing so frequently, sometimes in desperation a 're-install' is the only way out...

Our IT guy was telling me of a video game he was installing at home recently...it checked to see that all the comflicting things were turned off before it installed, seems like SWX could do the same...