Crashing Problem

I am running SW2005 SP0.1 on a 1.8 GHz Centrinto processor with 512 Megs RAM with Windows XP SP2.
Yesterday SolidWorks decided that anytime that I change a dimension that it
would crash (It has been running fine for 3 months on the same machine). I have checked my system for viruses, and it is clean. A couple of days ago I got hammered with some Spyware, but I removed it and did a system restore to the day before the spyware got into my system. Solidworks started to act funny when the spyware was around, so after I removed the spyware I re-installed SW, and since then does not let me change dimension. This problem occurs whenever any dimension is changed, it doesn't matter if it is a sketch, an existing file, a drawing, or an assembly.
Has anybody ever ran into this problem or have any idea what has gone wrong?
A couple thoughts: Did you turn off antivirus checking during the reinstall? Maybe Visual Basic didn't install properly. I know it's needed to do the math in the dimension boxes, so it might be an issue here.
WT

If it is Visual Basic, is there some way of checking it, or reinstalling it?

Here's the relevant portion of a previous thread.
Kevin Silbert Jan 1 2002, 6:44 am show options
Newsgroups: comp.cad.solidworks
by this author Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 14:44:33 GMT Local: Tues, Jan 1 2002 6:44 am Subject: Re: Input dimension bug? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
If you can't put any math operators in your dialog boxes, this means that VBA did not get installed correctly. Throw CD1 back in the drive, browse to /SW/VBA directory (going from memory here- hope its close!) and double-click VBA6.MSI to reinstall VBA.
-Kevin
WT

I guess I didn't describe the problem enough. When I select the dimension tool and click on a line or if I double click on an object to bring up its dimensions, the dimensions show up fine. The problem occurs if I try and change any of the dimensions once they are displayed. If I use the dimension tool, the dialog box never comes up. The computer starts churning, the drops SW.

Might still be relevant as there has to be some interaction of VB & the dim box.
WT

Just to make sure I reinstalled and made sure that the antivirus was off. It still has the same problem.
I just had a thought about what I could do to further figure out what is going on. I started a new part, and was able to change the dimensions if I did it through the Line Properties, but if I used the dimension tool SW crashes. I don't know if this helps, but I thought it was interesting.

Do a clean install. Actually, didn't a repair fix it? With MSI that is all you should need.
You could waste a lot of time messing around to try to find the problem, and in the end, the fix is probably going to be fairly predictable.
Here's what I would do:
First, make a new user profile, and see if SW works ok when logged in as that user, if so, the "Current User" section of the registry was the problem.
If that doesn't fix it, then the problem is probably on the "Local Machine" side, in which case you should do a "repair" on your OS, edit out the appropriate SW data from your registry (if you don't know what's "appropriate", ask), then reinstall SW.
Sound drastic? Maybe, but it will likely take less time to fix your problem. It will probably fix it without you ever knowing what was actually wrong. I know figuring it out is half the fun, but maybe it's also important to be able to get your work done.
Good luck,
matt

I tried to remove what I could see as being appropriate, but I may not have found it all. I removed the obvious things, but I don't know if I got everything.