Nvidia Quatro FX3500 Problem

Specs: Motherboard: Intel (Came with onboard video but I think I have it diabled.) Ram: 4gigs DDR 800, Brand: OZ Graphic Card: Nvidia Quatro FX3500 (current drivers: 8.4.2.6) Operating system: XP sp2 Solidworks: 2007, sp3.1

Has anyone run into the problem of it taking forever to startup Solidworks? Take like a minute before SW will open and only does when the video card fan fires up. It's like there's some sort of a conflict between something and the video card. This problem is worse is other cad programs I run. Once it opens and I get a part loaded it's great! But if close SW and reopen it sits with the hour glass until the fan on the card starts up.

Any help would be really appreciated.

-Marty

Reply to
Marty SLC

My first thought is make sure that you have any on-board video disabled. They may be fighting. Second thought is go into the nVidia settings and set the custom OGL setting to SolidWorks.

WT

Wayne Tiffany

Wayne, I have done both of your thoughts were my thoughts too. Any other thoughts I could try???

Thanks,

Marty

Reply to
Marty SLC

What if you start in software OpenGL mode? Does the time change?

WT

Wayne Tiffany

It's our Novell network, some how it conflicts with Nvidia cards only. ATI cards run great.

Thanks for the help !

Reply to
Marty SLC