ati vs nvidia in notebooks

Hello,

I want to buy a notebook. Is there any comparison of ATI Radeon 9000 or 9600 and Nvidia fx5600 for notebooks in Pro/E performances ? Is there anyone have any experiences with those gpu in notebooks ?

Thanks, GB

Reply to
g.bon

I have an Inspiron with a Radeon, and it's been nothing but trouble. I don't know if the Nvidia is any better.....

Problems:

1: Can't run in native (1600x1200) res, more than one window open it locks up if you don't use WINDOW>ACTIVATE from the menu. Set the res to 1280x1024, I can open maybe 5 windows before it locks up, and can switch from the taskbar.

2: Have to use win32_gdi for above problem as well.

I've tried all drivers to no avail; PTC doesn't have this card on their certified list, so no support.

Regards Peter Brown

Reply to
Pete

I have a dell m50 with a NVIDIA card and it works very well.

Reply to
Paul Rudolph

Got a Toshiba with NVIDIA GeForce 440 Go card (1 year old, already outdated compared to current mobile video cards) and it works perfectly well. The only drawback is that I cannot open more than 10 Pro/E windows (11th and beyond are very slow), but this is a problem with all gaming cards - some slow down after 3 opened windows, some - after 4, 5, etc. I run ProE under OpenGL, too. So if I were to buy another notebook now, I'd go with NVIDIA.

Reply to
Alex Sh.