Graphics in laptops...again

Hi,

I know there have been many questions regarding this, but I haven't found any regarding HP's (which are my choices) So I wonder anyone have had experiences with the following machines/graphics.

HP nw8000 with ATI Mobility FireGLTM T2 or HP nc8000 with ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro.

The reason I'm asking is of course that there's a price difference. The FireGL is a bit more expensive but is the 9600Pro capable of full use in ProE? Cheaper NVidias for example don't have the full OpenGL capacity so ProE will choke when to many windows where open.

regards Bjorn

Reply to
Bjorn Ljungdahl

Bjorn,

Nvidia Geforce, and ATI Radoen, have similar limitations with multiple windows. Of the two, the Geforce chips have fewer "other" problems.

Since it's a laptop, and you can't upgrade or change it, don't fart around. Get the FireGL chipset.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Thank you for your reply. You confirmed my thoughts. I went for the FireGL chipsert

/Bjorn

"MM" wrote:

Reply to
Bjorn Ljungdahl