ProE on ATI Mobility X600

Hello, I wonder if anyone has experiences from running ProE on a laptop with ATI Mobility X600. I've read that there is OpenGL support, but it's not 'workstation' graphics if I understand correctly. My own experiences in the 'old days' with the old Geforce2GTS is that it worked fairly good until you opened more than 4 windows simultaneous. Then it was slooooooow. It's not PTC certified graphics as far as I know. /Bjorn

Reply to
B.B

I've only had bad luck with ATI Mobility cards, though I cannot comment on your specific one.

There are some hacks to turn it into a FireGL but I've never attempted it.

Regards

B.B wrote:

Reply to
peterbrown77

I just purchased a Dell D810 with the X600 card and at first it ran terrible. I then found a new driver on Dell's website and installed it. It run great! Just as well as my workstation.

Reply to
Brooke

Thank you for you replies

The machine I'm looking at is a LG LW70. I wonder if DELL have made some tweaking to make the driver better.

"Brooke" skrev i meddelandet news:iTxOe.148559$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
B.B

I can't say anything about the LG LW70 but my 810 with the X600 works great. 2 of us have the ATI and 2 have the Nvidia in the Dell M70's There is very little if any difference. Just be sure you have the latest driver for the video, chipset and I also flashed the latest bios.

KK

Reply to
kkrofft

I was kind of hoping for that answer :-)

"kkrofft" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
B.B