Nvidia Quadro FX Mobile - Where used

Any one know of a sub 14" (prefer 12" but would go to 13") laptop that uses a high end Quadro FX Mobile graphics card?

Prefer either a:

  • NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500M * NVIDIA Quadro FX 2500M * NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M * NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M

But would go to a:

  • NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M

as a last resort.

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

I think the smallest mobile workstation you'll find is the Lenovo Thinkpad T61p with a 14.1" monitor and FX570 graphics. You can put together a nice configuration for about $2k.

Otherwise, just about any notebook will run SolidWorks using software OpenGL, though you will sacrifice performance and won't have support for RealView graphics.

Reply to
jimsym

Thanks Jim,

I spotted that one - Ideally I didn't want to go above 13ish" and I'm not sure that one will support real view in SWX2008

Is it an issue I don't know - but I heard somewhere that photoworks and realview were connected in 2008 and I just wanted to be sure.

AFIK the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M is the lowest spec that will work - anyone shed any light on this.

The size limit I set myself was nothing bigger than the A4 notebook (300mm x 230mm x 25mm)I carry around with me.

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

You might want to investigate the What's New.pdf for 2008 to find out how important RealView will be to you. If necessary, sign up for Beta/pre- release.

Reply to
Dale Dunn