What do you think about NVIDIA FX Series (not Quadro) ?

Hi

On SolidWorks website (

) only Quadro2 / Quadro 4 / Quadro FX graphics cards have been approved. What do you think about NVIDIA 6600 or 6800 family for CAD purposes (SolidWorks 2005) ? NVIDIA 6600 series and 6800 series are based on brand new, very fast NV40 chipset. I have heard that they have better performance than Quadro FX 500, FX 700 and FX 1100 !

Is NVIDIA 6600 good choice for SolidWorks 2005 ? What is Your opinion ?

Best Regards, D¿ej-d¿ej

Reply to
d¿ej-d¿ej

I am assuming you want the 6800 either because you are a gamer or don't want to spend the high dollar for the Quadro.

If the later, I just bought a new PCI Express Quadro FX 1400 from ebay for $380 or so. It was a new Dell pull and it works great. I think the guy has a bunch that he is selling.

The 6800 will be fine in SolidWorks for those people that don't want to spend the $$ to buy a Quadro.

Reply to
RevEng

I don't want to spend the high dollar for the Quadro ! I don't have money for it !

Here in Poland, Central Europe it cost about 1400 $ (one thousand four hundred USD) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Really - 1400 $ !!!

Yes, I know, but - Do you know how it works with SolidWorks ? Those cards (6600 and 6800) are not approved by Dassault Systems !

I worry - if there aren't any problems / errors / dificulties with this card using CAD system ?

I am going to buy NVIDIA 6600 (it costs about 240-350 $ depending on version)

Best Regards, Dzej-dzej

Reply to
dzej-dzej

You are really lucky !!!

-

Best Regards, Dzej-dzej

Reply to
dzej-dzej

For $1,400 you could fly to NY, buy the card, look around and fly back.

Reply to
TOP

You re right ! ( The only problem is guarantee ! )

My friends sometimes go for shopping to UK (the ticket cost only ~ 140 $)

Best Regards, Dzej-dzej

Reply to
dzej-dzej

I bought mine on ebay from this guy. He has 3 left. It works just fine in my Shuttle SN25P chassis.

Reply to
haulin79

Oh, shit - It's almost for free !!! :)

The problem is - availability - United States Only

But I must check sometimes offers on eBay !

Thanks a lot !

Best Regards, Dzej-dzej

Reply to
dzej-dzej

It's US only because the seller doesn't want to deal with the international shipping.

If you have a friend with a US address there's no reason you can't have them buy it and then ship it to you....

Reply to
Michael

They will probably work well if you don't have too many windows open at once. You may be able to hack the drivers to get rid of that limitation as well. No guarantees, though.

Jerry Steiger