video card Nvidia Quadro Fx 350

I just had the Nvidia Quadro Fx 350 video card installed and have SW

2006. My SW 2006 does not want to open part files or for that matter assembly files. Does anyone in the group have any idea what I could have set wrong? The video card is on Solidworks list of recommended cards. I am stumped. Anyone at all with any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Reply to
billyb

My first thought would be to start SW in Software OpenGL mode to see if it will work like that. If it does, then it points to a driver or video setting being the problem. If not even then, something else.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

HOW DO I START SW IN OPEN GL MODE?

How do I

Reply to
billyb

Reply to
billyb

start SW (without opening a file) and look under Tools/Options/ Performance/ for openGL box at the bottom - at leastthats where it is in 05 I guess 06 is the same place...

also try using the SW Rx diagnostic routine there is access to the openGL setting near the bottom of the page HTH

BTW which driver are you using?

Reply to
neilscad

What does "OPEN GL" really stand for, or what is it used for?

Reply to
billyb

when you switch to software open GL you are bypassing your graphics card which does the graphics using the hardware and driver. this might reveal where the problem lies. it is possible your card is not seated properly in the slot if it has just been changed... also find the correct driver for it..this one is the latest 32bit Quadro and will probably be fine
your card is pretty low spec I wouldnt demand too much of it for assemblies or realview

Reply to
neilscad