PDMLink

Has anyone actually implemented PDMLink and what type of success did you have? It seems like a somewhat rigid system with little flexability.

Reply to
Paul

We are in the process of evaluating it. I have it running in a standalone setup. It was a pain to load. I still don't have the WGM's setup right. New hardware installs is taking my time away from looking at it.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

I also installed it myself (took a week), I also installed the ProE WGM and the cad worker (renders the cad files). Once I had it installed I quickly relized that I needed help configuring it. PTC will be here most of Oct and Nov helping us configure it and also setting up two relication sites in Europe. I will let you know how that goes.

Reply to
Ben

Thanks for the response.

I see you have posted to other threads about PDMLink. Some of these posts go back to last year. How long have you been in the implementation stage. We have been at this for some time and we are wondering if you are seeing some of the same issues.

Reply to
Paul

It has been an on-off-on-off project. Which week is it?

There are many issues with installing PDMLink that make you question what PTC is shipping. release 6.2.6, has bugs in the install scripts that weren't even documented in the latest release notes, at the time. They are document since the May 2003 release notes.

I am still trying to get the WGM to communicate between PDMLink and Pro/E

2001, let alone Wildfire. Maybe I should stick with Wildfire, since the browser becomes built in.
Reply to
Ben Loosli

Last year we discussed an implementation of PDMLink and a substitute of Pro/INTRALINK. But within the discussion we found out that it is much to expensive and that for our needs Pro/INTRALINK is the much better tool.

Reply to
Johannes Pietsch