Problems Installing SW on a new AMD System

Below are the specs of my system...everytime I put in the SW cd to install, it won't install. I basically click on "install" when the screen comes up, then the screen dissappears for about a minute...then my system locks up.

Any suggestions ?

AMD 64 Bit 3400+ w/1600 Mhz FSB AMD Approved Fan w/ Heat Sink ASUS K8N NVIDIA nForce3 250

1GB PC3200 400Mhz Gold Leads DDR NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 Video Card 256MB 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive 16x DVD=B1R Dual Format Burner w/SW=20 1=2E44MB 3.5" Drive
Reply to
erierugby

Virus program not shut down. Drivers. CD drive Graphics card/driver ( disable the graphics card by installing the VGA driver and see if that helps)

Do you get a blue screen. If so what does it say?

Have you run SiSoft Sandra to make sure everything is alright with the system?

Reply to
TOP

Have other applications installed OK? If so, maybe your SolidWorks disc is damaged. Have you tried cleaning it?

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Do you have DEP Prevention turned on?

Control Panel / System / Advanced / Data Execution Prevention

I've noticed some problems with this and manually had to restrict certain programs.

Also do a general check of the system for bad ram etc.

RT

Reply to
Rich

Good Morning,

I am just going to reply to everyone in this post to save time. I will have to check into the DEP Prevention thing...it is set to whatever default would be. I do not have anti-virus software even installed at this point. The disk is fine, no scratches or anything. I don't think that I even installed the nvidia graphics drivers yet...

I do have another CD drive at home, I will toss that thing in and try to install from there. I will also get that SiSoft Sandra thing (although I've never heard of it).

I do not get any errors...it basically locks the system up a few seconds after clicking on "Install Solidworks". Thanks for the help, and I will keep yall posted...

Reply to
SxWx